Wednesday, January 16, 2013

[UGH] Movie tie-ins.


No, this isn't a movie poster for an upcoming movie that is soon to be released (which I am actually looking forward to seeing, but I digress). Nope. This is something that, for whatever reason, irks the living hell out of me:

The dreaded movie tie-in edition of a book/novel.

I want this:

 

NOT this: 


I WANT this: 


NOT this: 


Being a marketing major this all shouldn't bother me. I understand the reasons for doing this: generating WOM and buzz, selling copies, building brand awareness, and the list goes on and on.

However, for whatever reason, this gets to me. Maybe it's just my "OCD" kicking in, and wanting to keep my different forms of media/entertainment separate.

Remember Hollywood.

I WANT this: 



NOT this:


God, wasn't American Psycho such a good movie? 


It's a shame they tried tarnishing it's brilliance with this:


Mila Kunis though, right? Eh?

Wait, so what was I talking about? Oh, right. Movie tie-ins. Yeah, they bother me.

But, really? How good is American Psycho?!?!


BAM





No comments:

Post a Comment

Get In Touch